Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lying is to be honest, honest is to be lying.


Think of the following scenarios.

I go to a computer centre , to use the computer of course, and I go with the priority for some entertainments such as gaming or online movies, before doing any of the study works (If I have the mood). Then, someone that I know saw me and start asking me:”What are you doing?”

Situation 1: I clarify honestly: “I am playing some games now.” But that person will say that I am lying and think that I must be doing some of the school assignments.

Situation 2: I lie by saying: “I am writing on some school project now.” Later, that person will say that I am cheating and say that I am playing or watching some videos.

From the above, it indicates that you can only tell somebody something, when you are lying, or is it not? Maybe this is owing to the social norms where we are taught to “Never trust anybody, not even your closest ones too so easily”, or that “kind to others means cruel to ourselves”. So, everyone will doubt each other. --- Why should we be honest to other when other doesn’t? At the end, we create our song that goes “I doubt you, you doubt me, we can play the hide-and-seek…”

Anyway, forget about the song. The main thing is there is a loss of trust among us. Or maybe I am being exaggerating; probably all these happen because I am a liar, who knows, so no one can trust me. The can only believe me by the opposite answers --- Yes means no, and no means yes.

But, how can they be so sure? How that they know that I am not lying when I am, I am lying when I am not, I am lying when I am , or I am not lying when I am not… That is one thing that I don’t want to know, because… … I am not a lie inspector, nor psychologist or any counselor.

At this moment, I just thought of the shepherd boy story. The meaningful story of a boy that always lies. We all know what happen to the sheep … … But, I am just thinking, what if the wolves pack come, the shepherd boy tells all the villagers: “It is all just fine, nothing goes wrong, the wolves didn’t even come and eat the sheep. Yelp, absolutely no problems.” Could the boy actually save the day?? Then, the boy should be grateful to this “gift” or start worrying about it??

No comments: